Monday, March 8, 2010


Poor boys have been sick since Friday. No good for anyone. Pryce is not himself. Colin is not himself. Both cannot shake the high temp thing. Both are camped out on our den couches having a movie marathon. Really, the movies sound fun, but not. Meanwhile, MK is full speed ahead. Keeping in mind that she is the only family member to have had the luxury to get the flu vaccine, we are waiting to see if the sickness overtakes her....hoping not.
MK is friends with a little girl from our homeschool co-op. Her friend's name is SaraKate. They are referred to by their teachers as "the Kates." SaraKate turned four on Saturday and we were honored to be invited to attend her fancy party. The theme was based on the Fancy Nancy book series. MK loves Fancy Nancy and can often be found in her room reading these books to her dolls. MK left our house adorned in her beautiful cupcake smocked dress and she arrived home in the dress coupled with bracelets, hats, boas, hair clips, sunglasses, freshly painted finger nails, glitter make-up on her face....in other words, she was princessed out! The girls took part in a tea party where they were given specific Fancy Nancy instructions on how to sip their tea appropriately, you know, with your finger tipped and all. It was precious! Unfortunately, I did not take my camera but I was able to snap a few pics of the before and after....
This is the before.
I was trying to get Mason-Kate to smile for the picture. I said, "Who do you love? Say, I love mommy!" She gave me this sly little look and proudly said, "I love BOYS!"....either she meant to say, "I love my boys!" or we have a lot to watch out for as she grows up!
This is the after.

No comments: