Thursday, March 11, 2010

As was stated in the previous post, our house has been zapped this week with an unfortunate illness. Yesterday was MK's day to shine with a fever. In an attempt to get her to rest, I tried letting her watch tv more than the norm. We set up a special place on the couch just for her. She was allowed to have both of her special sleep blankets with her at all times. Her temp did not spike like the boys did so I didn't give her fever meds hoping that she would slow down a bit. Silly me. I should know better. School has been somewhat on the backburner this week. We have managed to do the equivalent of two days but it has been very sporadic, not really the routine. Yesterday, MK was on her special couch place supposedly resting, C was upstairs in his normal working spot and P was in my room working with me. Every five minutes, MK would walk in, put her two little hands on her hips, click her tongue on the roof of her mouth(this is a new trick she has learned and she uses it in the most appropriate situations being the prissy little girl that she can be) and she would say, "Um, excuse me, but I have a little question" and then her right foot would pop out in front of her, kind of over the side a bit, as this was her way of indicating she was waiting for a response. These are the moments with her that make me just laugh. And wonder. Where in the world does she get the hands on the hip look, the pizzaz, if you will, the ever so present prissiness? It is so present in her phone conversations as well. She will talk to my mom or Ryan's mom, her pinky out, and she will just laugh and then say, "What? I didn't hear you? Oh, ok" and then laugh some more just like she totally gets it. Most definitely her own being. So cute. So expressive.

No comments: