Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cellimeter

Great news in our house this morning! (That is a side note, but I state it because we are excited for Ryan and his new opportunity that awaits him - yay!)

Now, for the "cellimeter" story....Pryce is studying measurement today. He had some work to do in a workbook and then he asked if he could just measure some different things around the house. Sure. So, I equipped him with some paper and a clipboard and off he went to measure. He came to me minutes later and exclaimed, "Hey mom, I just measured a raindrop!" Curiosity got the best of me and I asked him how he did this. He explained that he took a paper towel, put it in his hand, stuck his paper towel-ed hand into the rain, drew it back in and he measured the water that had accumulated in the towel. Pretty clever idea. Then he declared, "A raindrop measures 1 cellimeter." I have explained to him that it is actually a "centimeter" but he continues to call it his own thing....so cute, hate to harp on that minor wording detail!

No comments: