Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Amish Country

Amish Country
I just love this part of the US....so fascinating.  
 We chose to go to Bird-In-Hand and do an Amish Buggy tour to a local Amish farm.
 The countryside in this part of the US is beautiful....
 and our day was absolutely beautiful.....
 the farm we toured supplies milk three times per week to Land O Lakes....
 our tour guide was an Old Order Amish....he spoke so kind of his family and their lifestyle.
 Though Maryn was not a fan of the smells associated with the farm, she was thrilled with the toys!
 I have visited the Amish countryside three times but don't remember these cute little scooters.  I wish I had been able to snap a picture of the girls riding these through town....
 Maryn asked me why I was taking pictures of the clotheslines....two reasons....I love this old-style look of doing laundry, just unique....and it makes me appreciate my washer and dryer with six children:)
 Colin had a little Amish root beer....
 I took in this little sign....a sweet reminder to embrace all that life has to offer!
 Such a sweet time with my family stepping back into time....
 and then it was a quick step into current time as we ventured over to Hershey Park for a chocolate factory tour!
 Sweet treats are the best....

No comments: