Saturday, July 6, 2013

Our Swimming Sensation

Our swimming sensation was a bit apprehensive going into her big finale.  At the beginning of the summer swim season, MK had her mind set on one thing - "I want to go to that meet that I went to last year that my boys didn't go to."  AKA Allstars. 
 So all season, she worked HARD.  She swam HARD.  And she was very proud to tell others that she swam with the big kids during practice, the only six year old to do so.  She meant business.  And not once did she complain.  
And her hard work paid off.  Out of 190 Freestyle female swimmers, age 6 and under, MK placed number 5!  AND, drum roll, out of 154 Backstroke female swimmers, age 6 and under, MK placed FIRST!  
(It is also good to note that MK placed first in both backstroke and freestyle in our divisional meet that includes four teams.  The Allstar meet includes all area teams, a total of 21 teams, and takes the top 20 swimmers for a final competition.)
NOW,
I must continue....it got me last year and it got me this year, the emotion.  
I look at her, her competitive spirit, her determination to succeed, her goal-oriented mindset, and I can't help but tear up thinking of what her life would have been like had she not been deemed adoptable.  She would have never been given the opportunity to shine or even try to show off her capabilities.  Ever.  
Yet, today, at the age of 6, she is already defying the odds.  

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments: