Monday, July 1, 2013

Beauty Rest

Being the baby of four is hard work.  With Colin, Pryce and Mason-Kate, I was religious about making sure they had a nap each day no matter what.  As a result, I was never really able to see what life with a child who was experiencing a lack of sleep was like.  And then came Maddox.  Unfortunately, Maddox's naptime is not able to be the number one concern in our family.....between practices and youth outings and games or just good ole' family time, her nap can sometimes be overlooked.  And when it is, we see what life is like with a child who has not had her beauty rest.  Last week was just one of those occasions.  We had been to the pool.  We came home and Maddox was so tired yet in complete denial of her need for a nap.  She cried big tears as I told her to go to her room and wait for me to come read to her.  Literally, in one minute, our home went from wails to total silence.  I was putting a load of laundry in to dry and when I finished, I walked around to go upstairs to read to miss Maddox, and this is what I found on our stairs....Maddox Ren, fast asleep with all of her favorite snuggly things and two hairbows.  Total sweetness.

No comments: