Saturday, November 19, 2011

Missed Photo Ops

While in Nashville, an older gentleman made the comment to me, "You have your hands full!" He the made the comment due to the fact that I had two little ones singing and dancing their way to the lobby of our hotel followed by two older, more, ahem, mature guys laughing at their silly sisters - it was a scene and it was, in fact, quite funny. I smiled at the man and said, "Yes, I do, but not for long enough!" You see, every day I am reminded that my children are our blessings, they are growing up and, one day too soon, my hands will be less than full. However, at the moment, our hands are full and we are having the time of our lives! I try to photograph the craziness but, alas, this is not always done due to pure laziness or forgetfulness. This week we had a lot of moments that could have been photographed......
One, art night with co-op. All of our children participate in a homeschool co-op. And all of our children had art on display during their special night. And all of our children received awards during this annual event. From logic and debate to Meet the Masters to A Book About Me to a colorful tree.....an abundance to relish in yet not one picture for a memory, sigh.
Two, Maddox. This little one is always into something. This week, her choice was markers - the not so washable ones. I blame everything on the fact that she is the fourth child....I would have NEVER allowed this to happen with the other three yet the fourth knows exactly where to go to find said markers, help herself to them, color every.single.inch of her skin that is showing AND, apparently she wanted to add a little flavor to our tv cabinet as well - ack. Admittedly so, I laughed. It was kind of cute. Kind of. Until I couldn't get it off. For Christmas, she is asking for WASHABLE markers.
Three, Operation Christmas Child box making. Love this time with my kiddos.
Four, Colin's first middle school basketball game. They rocked. They won. And, I am told, Colin made a few "game saving" plays - way to go C!
Five, our adoption gathering. NEVER have I let a gathering go by without a picture of our kiddos on our beloved red couch. We had a full house - one that was filled with giggles and football and dress-up and delicious food. Our family cherishes these gatherings. We love the families and we love the time that we spend with them!

No comments: