Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for our family - keeping it real, I am thankful for them everyday! Last week we enjoyed a week together not like most weeks - all six of us in one room, no cleaning, no laundry, no cooking, some school, daily sightseeing outings, swimming, waking up with Ryan (usually he is long gone before we all awaken!), listening to all of my kiddos breathe peacefully as they sleep, knowing they are safe - so very sweet....jaunts away are truly one of my favorite times together.
Ryan was involved in a training program for his job - lucky for us, we were given the opportunity to visit him one afternoon to see his "training" in full action. I am told making a catapult and launching balls to hit a target all day really is working :)
MK. She travels well. She travels with everything but the kitchen sink, but the girl has this traveling thing down. Give her two comfy chairs, push them together, spread a pretty pink princess sleeping bag over said chairs, and there you have it - the most perfect, comfy princess bed.
And my boys. Give them a few pillows and plush bedding followed by a remote for the tv and their plethora of electronics, and they are all set. It is all part of the experience. Throw in a few Pop Tarts for breakfast and there you have it, two very happy, happy boys.
And Maddox. Our sweet little one. Oh, I can tell you over and over again how she just tugs at my heart to go adopt again and again and again. She will sleep anywhere at anytime; she will smile when you need a smile; she will dance when she is feeling the beat; and MK is positioned just-so in the pic above - she is always by her side watching her like a good little mommy would!
I will say that I wonder what goes through our little M's head. Our trip to Nashville was the first time we have stayed away from home, in a hotel room for a length of time since China. She has been home 8 months but I still get the hunch she remembers, maybe she always will.

No comments: