Tuesday, November 22, 2011

STRAW!


She did it! She drank through a straw! And I was teary eyed as I watched. I didn't see her very first smile nor did I have the opportunity to cheer her on as she rolled over for the first time as an infant. And those first steps, we missed those too. However, I have watched this precious baby girl go from being scared to being an outgoing little enthusiast; I have heard her scream out of fear in the church nursery and now the screams soon cease once she gets settled in; and today I got to watch her eyes light up when she was able to drink milk from a straw - she would suck in, a bit of milk would enter her mouth and her eyes would get oh so wide out of her own surprise! It was the cutest thing ever and once she realized the praise that was involved, she wouldn't stop - she drank and drank and drank!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Great job, Maddox. You are getting to be such a big girl.

Amy said...

Oh sweet girl!!!!