Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Celebrating Maddox

On Saturday, April 30, my parents held a party in honor of Maddox. People that I have known since my childhood as well as folks that I have not seen in years, all gathered together to share in the love of our little girl. What a true blessing it was to have everyone present for this event.
There were not many photos that were taken. One can imagine how distracted I was :) Between talking about our new addition, chasing our newest addition and feeding our newest addition, my hands were tied. My lips, however, were moving constantly trying to get updates on those that I have not seen in so long. The mental image will be forever etched in my memory from this night of celebration. We not only celebrated Maddox, we celebrated our family!
Maddox tried her very first piece of cake. As expected, she LOVED it and wanted more and more of the icing. What a treat!

Thank you to all who came out for the evening. Every one of you has meant so much to my family - my father, mother and siblings as well as my husband and our children - and I love that you continue to support us with prayers, encouragement and love as we move through life. Thus far, it has been a wonderful journey!

1 comment:

China Dreams said...

What a lovely idea and it looks like everyone had a good time-especially the guest of honor :-)

Ruby