Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Transportation

I took note in China that one does not see too many 18 wheeler trucks or trucks period. Instead, you see bicycles loaded to the core or people hauling way too many items in their cart...
I joked that when we arrived back home, I was going to get myself one of those stools - like the red one on this person's cart. Everyone had them....they used them in the parks, they used them in their shops, they used them when they ate, they were everywhere.
It really does amaze me as to how one can carry, let alone arrange all of this "stuff", without it falling.....
Daily delivery.....
All strapped on for the ride.....what is incredible is that the moped doesn't even look weighted down.....
I love the pic above.....this tells the story, there is a bus, a taxi, a three-wheeler bike, a three-wheeler little truck thing and a moped, all in one area of traffic, all fighting for the right of way....
And then there are those who are testing the limits where capacity is concerned....I mean, we have three people, groceries and something in a container strapped on back....
And then this guy who couldn't bear to leave the chair behind.....he needs one of those stools as it would be much easier to transport :)
And this is one of my personal favorites. Here is this guy, he is cruising around the city on his moped with a cigarette that is lit....that takes talent and, I would imagine, some practice.

1 comment:

Gift of Grace said...

These are great! It's been fun reading your blog and keeping up with your sweet family. How is homeschooling going? Okay here, though we haven't really found our groove yet.
Hannah