Sunday, April 3, 2011

Squatty Potty

I feel that I must do the ever so popular "squatty potty" post. Our second trip to China and I was oh so prepared for these little loves. MK, however, was not. She managed to avoid them at all costs until one night at dinner. She came to me and said, "I need to go potty" and then the ever so popular question, "Do they have a squatty potty or a real one?" I told her it was a squatty potty and she was not at all excited. The thing is, the stalls are less than small, they are filthy dirty, and, on this particular evening, they were COLD. Alas, we survived without incident and MK promptly ran back into the quiet restaurant shouting, "I did it Daddy, I went potty in the squatty potty!!!"
This trip did bring along with it new "squatty potty" information.....I now know that China has a Five Star Squatty Potty (above - somewhat clean and they even provide toilet paper), as well as......the One Star Squatty Potty (below - the picture says it all).
Needless to say, squatty potties being left behind are not a bad thing in my opinion. MK agrees. Poor little girl, she boarded the plane to come home and quickly inquired, "So, are there real potties on this plane?" and then again in the airport, "Do you think we can used a real potty here?" To say that these left an impression on MK would be an understatement!

1 comment:

Wileys said...

OH MY! Just read this about the Squatters! That could really deter a girl from going to China! Should this ever happen for me, I'll need some serious prayer to get over hump!