Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Minus a Tooth


Two weeks ago, Pryce announced that his front tooth was loose and he was going to pull it. He walked around all afternoon with a Kleenex inserted in his mouth to catch the minute amount of blood that was being produced from his constant wiggling of the tooth. Much to Pryce's dismay, the tooth did not come out as planned on that afternoon. Fast forward two weeks. After dinner, Ryan told Pryce it was time for the tooth to be pulled. Ryan tried, no luck. Pryce was a bit nervous and really was beginning to like the loose tooth just hanging there in his mouth. With a tad of coaxing, Pryce agreed to let me try to pull the tooth. I told him I knew a trick - I told a little lie really, I don't know tricks. My "trick" was a wet paper towel. I reached in and "crack" went the tooth. Just like that, it was out. The funny part was that Pryce didn't even know I had succeeded in pulling the tooth out. Colin, who was standing just beside me, said in a very excited tone, "Pryce, your tooth is OUT!" With a startled look on his face, Pryce immediately took off for the bathroom to get a tissue. His face was priceless. Then came the laughter. Following his shower, Pryce came down and asked for a piece of paper to write the Tooth Fairy a note. He wrote a sweet little note, tucked the tooth into a special box, placed them both beside his bed and he was off to sleep. Early. It was almost like Christmas Eve. He told me he wanted to be sure to go to sleep fast so that the tooth fairy would come. So cute.

Before and after.....

No comments: