Monday, January 5, 2009

"Waiting Children"



This post is for anyone out there in "blogger world" who may be considering a "special needs" or "waiting" child. I often try to come up with the words to encourage people to go the special needs route in adoption and I find myself at a loss of how to say what I want to say. I have been following a blog, http://www.cupcakesandhairbows.blogspot.com/, and their post today, titled "Answered Prayers", really sums up what I would like to tell others about a special needs adoption. The post speaks specifically about parents taking a chance on these children....we have found that to be so true with our little Mason-Kate. I remember when we were not open to taking that "chance", we specifically stated that we wanted a child that was deamed to be healthy. We got that alright, and more....Mason-Kate is healthy, happy, energetic, loving, hilarious, etc., etc., etc. Her "special need" turns out not to be so "special" after all.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

I could not agree with you more! I would choose the WC program over all others. We have a 3 1/2 year old adopted in March 07 from Chongqing. She has/had a minor heart condition that is completely fixed, a 45 minute proceedure!! She is happy and healthy, what more could I ask? Thanks for posting this message.

Donna said...

I have been so behind in my blog reading and clicked over today to see how BIG and BEAUTIFUL your little one has become. Special needs seems to be what I needed since now I feel so special to be needed!