Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Mate"

Well, when one is sick, two shall be sick, it only makes sense, right? One would think that Pryce has had his share of illness but that is not to be the case. After preaching to both boys about the importance of hand sanitizer use AND washing their hands at school, Pryce came home yesterday with a fever, 103.5 to be exact. Of course I had jokingly stated to the dr. last week that we would see him again in a few days with one of the boys....it was a JOKE that suddenly became reality today. While we waited in a room to be seen, Pryce and I were just chatting. The chat somehow turned into a discussion about how one particular little girl in his class always yells to him, "Hey Pryce, I know who your girlfriend is!"...Pryce does not like this one bit. I asked him how he responds when she says this. He told me that sometimes he walks away, other times he just simply says he doesn't have a girlfriend. Then he said, "Mom, I just don't tell her about Keaton". I said that was fair. In reality there are two little girls in Pryce's life, one is a precious little girl, Keaton and the other is another precious little girl and longtime friend, Julia. So I asked him about Julia. Without hesitation, he said "oh, Julia, she is my mate." I was somewhat interested in what being a "mate" entailed so I dared to ask "Pryce, what is a mate?" He said, "you know, it is part girlfriend and part friend".....of course, I should have known.

No comments: