Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Latest

The latest on MK:
  • She now walks around the house with her hands up to her cheeks calling "brobas, where are you?" Sadly enough, most of the time, they are at school.

  • She and her speech therapist are friends. MK's speech therapist has been coming once a week for 2 months. For the first month, MK cried for the first few minutes of every session especially if I dared to leave the room. Yesterday, the therapist arrived, MK took her by the hand and they walked off together. I was left behind.

  • MK's necklace is a necessity in her daily wardrobe. She calls it her "neguc".

  • She is like a little parakeet. She will repeat words that I say as long as I don't ask her to say them. If I ask her to say a word, she responds with a blank stare.

  • Sad but true she is growing fast. Some of my most favorite outfits that she wore when we first got her are too small now. About a month ago, I tried some Fall clothes on her to get an idea for sizes. At that time, 2T was more than HUGE on her. Now, they are just right.

  • She was introduced to the world of ketchup this weekend. She LOVES it with green beans, carrots, apple and whatever else is on her plate.

The latest on the funny boys....I have to say that one of my favorite times of the day with the boys is in the morning on the way to school. We always say prayers in the car. One person will begin and then it has a domino effect until the last person to pray closes the prayer. Yesterday Pryce began our prayer. He was saying thank you for the beautiful day, for the trees, our family, etc. and as he was praying, a United Moving truck passed by....his prayer took a turn at this point....he began to pray for the movers that they didn't fall off the truck moving the furniture, he prayed for the family to like their new home, he prayed for the drivers that they didn't wreck...it just made me laugh because he was so matter of fact. Colin, unfortunately, had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day to contend with yesterday. Nothing went right for him and it was sad to see him down. He was describing a particular situation that had happened during the day. He said, "Mom, my oxygen supply just cut off - it wasn't flowing and I couldn't breathe!" He was so serious! He is my little man trapped inside an 8 year old body. I am realizing how good I had it when they were little and could easily be protected by me and Ryan. Now, as they grow older, that protection is proving to be a little trickier to provide.

No comments: