Saturday, August 23, 2008

Different

We always go to the same local grocery store to shop. For us, it is like walking into the local "Cheers" joint where everyone knows our name.....I conveniently have this same relationship with the local Bruster's Ice Cream chain down the street. Of course, they all adore Mason-Kate and it is a rare occasion that I go into the store without having someone say "hello boys, hello Mason-Kate". Well, today, Ryan and I were checking out. The cashier is one that I didn't recognize....a new lady, she doesn't know us apparently and we don't know her obviously. So, she says to Ryan "Is she yours?" Ryan answers appropriately "Yes" The lady then looks at MK, then back at Ryan and says "hmmm, she looks different?" Ryan says "Yes, she is adopted" The lady then says "Oh, I see".......WHATTTT???? I told Ryan that when the lady said she looked different, we should have said "what, are you serious? I am always told she looks just like me!" I mean seriously! Don't get me wrong, I do not take offense at people and their curiosity. If anything, I welcome it because it allows us the opportunity to share our story. It is just amazing to me how long it takes for some people to put two and two together.

On another note, it is a rare occasion that Mason-Kate goes anywhere without her hairbow. Even if I forget, she will say "mama, mama" while tapping her head. That is her little reminder to me that her hair hasn't been completed with a bow yet. Today, though, we made a trip to the pool without the bow and tried to take some pictures. Her hair is getting so long! Enjoy!





1 comment:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I love to tell Ally's little story! Right now, she loves to hear it as well!