Friday, August 22, 2008

Signs

Just about every morning that I go to take the boys to school, we get stopped at the only stoplight between our home and the school. Everytime this happens, Colin will say something out of the ordinary and I am left for a moment trying to figure out what in the world he is referring to and why all of a sudden it came out of his mouth. For example, a few weeks ago, we are stopped at the light. It is quiet in the car, MK babbling in her seat is the only noise we hear. Colin all of a sudden says "hey mom, there is an all-you-can-eat buffet from 5PM to 7PM every Wednesday night at Bojangles....I definitely want to try that, it comes with lemonade or tea to drink and it is only $3.99 per person!" Whatttttt???? I am thinking to myself, when have we ever eaten at Bojangles? So I ask him "Colin, what made you think of that?" and he points to a sign beside the stoplight. It is one of those electronic advertiser signs that flashes up specials, etc. It just so happens that Bojangles is in that particular gas station that the sign sits in front of hence the buffett advertisement. The thing is that you would think I would know by now that the sign is there and that Colin is always reading it when we are stopped. You would also think that I would know exactly why he says off the wall things at the stoplight. I haven't learned yet. Today, we were sitting and waiting at the stoplight. Colin blurts out "Mom, I really want to try that Sweet Refreshing Iced Tea, that sounds good - only $1.99 for a 24oz cup". I am again thinking, whhaaattt??? Then I look over and there it is, the sign, adverstising the famous Sweet Refreshing Iced Tea. This may not be as funny to those reading as it is to me. This is one of those posts that I am writing more for myself than anything. You see, Colin has been doing this forever. I can remember going to gas stations when he was only 4 or 5, leaving him in the car while I pumped gas only to get into the car and have him tell me, "mom, you can get two 20oz. cokes for the price of one if you pay inside" or "did you know that you can scratch and win on most Doritos labels that you purchase inside?"....he loves to read those electronic signs whether they are on a gas pump, placed in front of a gas station, etc.

3 comments:

Marni Sigmon said...

So glad that Mason-Kate had a great first day of MDO, that it super! And, it sounds like your boys are very entertaining, what a compliment for Pryce-Less! We are all doing well and looking forward to the weekend. Have a great weekend!
Love, Marni

Marni Sigmon said...

I am so glad that Mason-Kate had a great first day of MDO, that is super! And, your boys sound very sweet, what a compliment for Pryce-less. Have a great weekend.
Love, Marni

Houston said...

I am glad to know someone reads those sign, we just bought one for the store and it was super pricey so read on Colin!