Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cute (Old) Story

The blog started out as a way for our friends and family to watch our family of four become a family of five while traveling in China. Now, it has become my little diary of sorts. Today I am choosing to remind myself of a cute little story that took place several years ago that involves Pryce. When Pryce was 3, my father, whom the grandchildren refer to as "Pop", had to have a heart cath done at a local hospital. The night before the procedure, we were tucking the boys into bed and while we were saying prayers, we added an extra prayer for Pop and we prayed that the doctors would be able to see his heart and fix what needed (or didn't need) to be fixed. The next day, the procedure was performed, Pop's heart was deemed healthy and we all breathed a sigh of relief. That afternoon, I was telling the boys that our prayers had been answered and Pop was ok. Pryce looked at me and said, "Mommy, how do they know that Pop's heart is ok?" I said, "Pryce, they put a very little camera inside his body and took pictures of his heart." Pryce's eyes got very big and he asked, "Did they see God in there? 'Cause you know that is where God lives, in our hearts!"

No comments: