Sunday, March 16, 2008

We Made It To Chongqing

We made it to Chongqing! Honestly, it was a disaster at the Beijing airport.....so many people, I have never experienced anything like it....it was total chaos....people yelling at security, people shoving....of course I had a "Beth" moment and fussed at the people pushing poor Colin....I am not sure if the lady understood the words I said but she obviously knew to back off....it seems that the people here have no patience and they don't mind pushing people to get ahead, even it they are children....the poor little guy traveling with us was scared to death and started to cry....there was this rude business guy who shoved ahead of us and threw his laptop on the carousel, then ran through the security gate to wait on his laptop....I wasn't so nice, after he ran off, I put his laptop at the end of the line so he had to wait awhile....is that bad? Like I said, I was ticked off that they were pushing my children and at that moment we only had 5 minutes to catch our flight....we then ran to the last gate possible, got on the plane and took off....at that moment, we could all breathe a little better. So, we are here....we are on the 13th floor, not exactly my favorite number but the room is really nice....we walked in and saw the crib already set up and a stroller for us to use while we are here....it is becoming more and more real to us that this time tomorow we will have another member in our family....wow! Tonight we are going to a "Hot Pot" restaurant....Chongqing is especially known for this particular type of food and we hear that it tends to be on the spicey side of things. Take care everyone!

8 comments:

Houston said...

I have goose bumps just knowing you are so close! I would have done the same thing with that man's laptop, but you already know that:)
Our prayers are with you, Houston

Jennifer said...

Hey guys...love all the stories!
You have a lengthy message from me at home....I thought you were leaving a day later than you did! Thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures of your new little miracle!
xoxoxo
Jennifer and the boys

Anonymous said...

hey guys...wow, you guys have been on a trek through china...it seems like quite an experience. i hadn't talked to you so i didn't realize you were there already. i called last week to do lunch hahaha but you were prolly on your way to china. it is so amazing to me that the time is already here. good luck with the rest of your trip and have a safe trip home. i will be keeping tabs on you guys until you get back as you post new blogs. can't wait to meet mason-kate!! call me when you are settled...hugs
amy o

Anonymous said...

Acting like your mama--Have you received any blog mesages from Kellie--says she has been sending some--we will check the blog tonight--Sunday before we go to bed to see if any postings of Mason-Kate.

Anonymous said...

Beware of the middle bowl in the "Hot Pot"!!!! Outside bowl is safe!

Bryan Rhodes

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers for Gotcha Day! The Hatchers

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to use your elbows at the airports in China. Hopefully the rest of the airport trips won't be quite so eventful!
Good for you with the briefcase!
Deb a GWCA parent in Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Beth, I don't know you that well but I can definitely say that i am proud of you for putting that man's laptop at the end of the line! I said a little "whoo, yea" when I read that! LOL I may have wanted to do the same thing but I may have been chicken to do so. by the way you were probably taller than he was anyway(so I've read) :))