Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mason-Kate

Mason-Kate's name....those of you who know us, know the story but others are wondering how we named our little girl. I love family names. Mason is a family name on my dad's side of the family. I used to work for an attorney whose mother's name was Mason. I can remember the day that I talked to his mother for the first time on the phone and she told me her name....from that point on, I was sold on the name Mason for a baby girl. Fast forward several years (and two little handsome boys later) to April 2006 when we began the "paper chase" for our adoption from China. I was still hooked on having a little girl "Mason". Ryan, on the other hand, decided he liked the name "Kate". Beautiful name, but I wasn't sold on it. So, we would talk about the adoption or paperwork that was involved, etc., etc. and I would always refer to the baby as "Mason" and Ryan would smile and say "Kate". Well, the boys like to please both of us so when they would refer to the baby, they would use both names together and thus we have the name "Mason-Kate".

No comments: