Saturday, March 8, 2008

Wo Bu Ming Bai

This is the thing....the title of this post says "I don't understand" in Chinese....and I really don't understand. Here is the scenario....this morning I began to actually put things into our two giant suitcases. I rolled all clothing, I stuffed all toys in between the rolled clothing, I packed food (Pryce is going to definitely need that)....then I accomplished something that I have never been able to accomplish before in all of my traveling days, I actually zipped the giant suitcase (without having Ryan sit on it, you know, to smush everything down). It zipped beautifully, even allowing room to add extra things in the zip pocket on top. WELL, here is the next thing....I called Ryan upstairs to see my packing beauty all zipped, nothing poking out, etc.....he comes up the stairs, promptly puts our weight scale on the floor and proceeds to weigh the beautifully packed suitcase. IT WEIGHS 50lbs! AGGHHHH! No matter how beautifully packed the suitcase is, it can only weigh 44lbs (that is the Chinese way). I just don't understand.

Meanwhile, we told the boys that today they could be the parents and take charge of the house. They get to choose what we eat, what we do, what we don't do, etc. Well, Pryce has taken this to heart and every five minutes or so, he starts barking out orders for us to fold clothes, cook, make up his bed....unbelievable.....Colin (thank goodness) has taken pity on us and tries to help so we won't be punished for not doing all the work Pryce assigns.

No comments: