Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Catching UP!

Chapman
Home SIX months
Now 2 1/2 years old
I pinch myself daily when I think of her story and how she came to be ours!  She is everything sweet, sassy and preciousness all bundled up into one!
 Miss Maryn
Our ballet star
And she LOVES this lion, it is likely I have posted a pic of her with it before!
Every week she asks for a picture beside the lion as we walk into ballet
 
 Our seven year old diva
Maddox has been asked to be a part of a arts infusion charter school that will open in the Fall!
We are thrilled for this opportunity for her!
 Sweetness even in her sleep
She has started wanting to go to sleep in our bed - this from the child who screamed the very first night we had her in China because she wanted to be alone in her bed as she fell asleep.  Her growth physically AND, more importantly, emotionally has been an amazing thing to experience with her.
 It was a school holiday and these girls had gift cards to Build A Bear burning in their pockets!
 And in true Drafts fashion, after Build A Bear, we headed straight to Bruesters for a little ice cream treat.
 A certain little Drafts did not appreciate it when her ice cream was all gone!
 Four months ago, our Chapman had her spinal cord untethered.  We had a post-op visit with her neurosurgeon last week who said she looks great!  So thankful!  The most fabulous part of the visit was the fact that she did not cry one.single.tear.  I was amazed.  The fear that she once felt each time we entered a medical facility has now been replaced with a certain cautious approach vs. the screaming one she once felt was necessary for survival.
 Annie
It is my favorite
No way around it!
 I am pretty sure Maddox and I sang every word to every song together!
 Maryn Gentry
Oh, how I love her even when she makes poor choices...
 This little one felt it necessary to take a black Sharpie marker to just about everything in her sight.....a fan, her bed, her dresser, her bathroom counters.....all the way to include toys and an Aquaphor tube.  Being one of six, I am going with the assumption that she felt it necessary to label what was hers (26ish items to be exact!).  I am pretty sure this will be the story that one will hear many times over the years to come!
 Our baby boy turned SEVENTEEN
Baby Boy
Geez, who knew he would grow up so fast!
 This pic sums up my heart in a flash....my oldest and my youngest sharing joy together!  Chapman loves Colin to pieces!
 Oh Colin
You made me a Mama and who knew the journey we would go on together in life!  What a privilege it is to be your mother and have a front row seat in watching you grow into a young man!

No comments: