Sunday, September 15, 2013

Seabrook, our peaceful pre-Fall getaway....
The children wasted no time getting their game-on for castle building and
fishing - P caught many crabs in the net, while the fishing poles caught a stingray, a flying fish, many whitings - he was in his element and loved each moment as he casted out the next line.
And then there is Maddox....yoga?  We are often amazed at what this little one can do....split?  no problem; fold in half? no big deal; no way have I ever seen someone as flexible as she!  
And there was this moment, totally unstaged.  It began with the two boys, then MK joined in followed by Maddox.  I watched in pure delight for what seemed like hours as these four played together.  And I prayed that they will always remember and cherish these moments with one another.
Maddox LOVES the beach.  If you listen closely, you can likely hear her squeals of delight as she runs zig-zag across the shore.  
MK....beautiful girl has lost all interest in bows and the like.  Hair down ready to feel the wind and she is good to go.
P...boogie boarding, skim boarding, fishing, body surfing, searching for shells, football throwing - all in a day at the beach with P.
C....honestly, he is 13.  And I am learning that 13 year old boys care about one thing....EATING.  A huge thank you to G-Mom and G-Dad for supplying this kiddo with some good eats, his favorite cereal Red Berries Special K.  In just two days, C ate the entire box!  
I say it often but I must say it again, I am so very thankful for my family.  I do cherish these moments we have together, the moments where we can all rest in each other and not have a care in the world except being with one another.  

No comments: