Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Concerts, Reading and Magazines!

Each morning we awake, the boys go for their daily run, the children have breakfast while I read to them and then the morning concert begins.  Who needs a radio when you have two boys who can play the piano so well?!  The songs of current are....

Pachelbel Canon 
Bagatelle in G
Star Spangled Banner
Fur Elise
Kum Ba Yah

LOVE!  I often beg them to keep on playing:)  We are thankful for their teacher, my dear friend for life, Shauna Kenney.  She has known each of them since birth and has a magical way of placing music close to their hearts.  And she added MK this year too!

On a reading note, we are currently diving deep into The Story of the Trapp Family Singers.  The Sound of Music is a movie that the girls and I could watch over and over and over.  Reading the book, their history, is proving to be a different account from the movie and one that we are all learning from.

And, lastly, I have to say that the word of the day is MAGAZINE.  It is at this moment in my mothering that I must take note of this word, a difficult word for all four of my children to say.  It was so funny to hear Colin, our well spoken child at an early age, our "man" trapped inside a child's body - his vocabulary was always extravagant yet the word magazine threw him for a loop and it always came out "mazaline."  And then came Pryce, our child who spoke early and had so much to say!  He called it his "mazagine."  MK, who always seems to favor Colin in personality, told me just this morning, "Mommy, I am going to give Maddox a picture from my mazaline."  So, just for entertainment, I asked Maddox to bring me a magazine and then asked her to tell me what it was...."Mom, it's a mazagine!"  So there you have it....all four and their vocab hangup!

No comments: