Sunday, March 3, 2013

Last weekend Ryan and I were given the rare opportunity to spend a weekend together sans kiddos.  To say that I do not like to be away from my children is an understatement, I know nothing different than to be with them 24/7; however, I would not be totally honest if I did not admit to myself how much the "time off" was appreciated and enjoyed.  A huge thank you to my parents for their willingness to tackle all four children!  It is safe to say that fun was had by all.  The pic below is just moments after our reunion on Sunday.  MK, who rarely takes a nap these days, took TWO Sunday afternoon and then went to bed at the regular bedtime of 8:00 that night only to sleep until 7:30 the next morning.  She was T.I.R.E.D.
Our family is gearing up for this year's Roar of Love performance with their ballet company.  MK will be a pony this year and.....
she will be joined onstage by her daddy and Maddox in their debut roles as Father Christmas and a precious little Cherub....Maddox was less than thrilled to be the center of attention in the dressing room.  She was not about to give me the pleasure of snapping just one photo of her with her big sister and daddy yet when the photographer took them back for the professional snapshots, she was all smiles!  
Friday we kicked off birthday week for C with a gathering of friends for football, trampoline games, cake, and pizza....
I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching these guys together, chatting with them and hearing their new voices - they are all at that age!  
C was thrilled to have some birthday surprises....I must say the gift that had us all wondering was the "brown bag"....question of the day, "What is in the brown bag?" 
And the answer is.....a HUGE donut.  And it was YUM - yes, I snuck a bite:)
In the midst of ballet and birthdays, basketball was going on throughout our week as well....
P has had an exciting season thus far and Thursday's game was no different.  Who knew a rec league game would go into overtime???  Yes, they did and P's team came out on top, 15-12.  Off to the playoff games we went on Friday....a win, 30something to 10something, so off to game 2 we go on Tuesday!  
And in the midst of it all, our neighbors left for China on Tuesday to bring home their little girl.  Please be in prayer for them, the Morrison family and little Miss Ava.  May her heart be ready to embrace her forever family!  We can't wait to meet this little one very soon!
And oh how I long to go back.

No comments: