Saturday, March 9, 2013

Favorite quotes of the week:
Maddox announced that she did not like "grass" in her food.  Grass = lettuce.

MK shouted, "MomOmom!  Maddox just kicked me in my sternum!"
*********************************************************************************

My favorite moment was watching C open his birthday gift, the one we have all been anticipating yet he had no idea we had actually purchased it.  He was so surprised!
*********************************************************************************

My lowest moment was during P's final basketball game on Thursday.  His team was one of two teams who made it all the way to the championship tournament in his division, a first time opportunity for him.  And they were playing a team that had beat them once before, the only team who has beat them all season.  And, as luck would have it, the other team happens to be the team he was on last year so playing against his former coach made P super nervous.  We looked good the first half especially when P went up to score the first points for his team!  And then second half came and the downhill slide began.  And then P got hurt.  His knee took a nasty hit to the floor during a battle for the rebound - P has a gift of acquiring rebounds.  It was at this point, though, that P's pride was hurt and I wanted to just cuddle him up and take him home!  The little beast (and I say that in the kindest tone!) he was battling with spoke some nasty language towards P and it damaged his feelings.  P is my gentle spirit and I hate to see his heart hurt.

*********************************************************************************

And my thought for the week.....I am wondering if people would believe that our fifth child was an "oops!"  I mean, women get pregnant all the time by "surprise" so can't we adopt and say it was a surprise?!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

OF COURSE it can be an oops! "how'd we get on this plane to China, anyway?" sounds like a reasonable question to me!