Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kudos to Maddox.  Poor baby girl has poor baby teeth.  Not her fault.  Not our fault.  Yesterday I took her in to have two cavities filled.  She has been through this before and she knows the routine.  I lay on the chair, she lays on top of me.  No gas.  No numbing.  No nothing.  In the past, as would be expected, she has started out with a small whimper but ended up with a very unhappy scream.  Today, however, she sat as relaxed and calm as ever.  Our dentist spoke calmly to her and smiled at her and told her how well she was doing.  And she just sat.  Twenty minutes later, we were all done!

Earlier in the week, Maddox appeared early one morning in our bathroom as I was getting ready to tackle the day.  She was clutching a book and happily said, "Mommy, I have my Bible and I all ready to go to church!"  Hmmmm.....the book?  Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  The size of a Bible? Yes.  The Bible? No!

MK's teacher has been holding conferences with parents for the past two weeks.  We have spoken and she does not feel as though we need a conference at this time.  MK is doing GREAT!  However, MK has said repeatedly, "Mom, ****'s mother came in for their compliments.  When are you going to see Mrs. D for your compliments?"  Compliments, conference, hopefully same thing, right?


No comments: