Saturday, September 15, 2012

All My Own

Aren't you glad you have two of your own and two who are adopted?

Earlier in the week, I was having a conversation with a lady I have known for years.  She knows our story.  She knows our hearts for adoption.  She adores my children.  But, she seriously asked me if I was glad to have two of my own and two who are adopted.  I kindly looked at her and said, "Well, they are all my own."  She said, "Well, yeah, you know what I mean."  For the sake of just letting it rest, I shook my head.  However, the comment has been on my mind ever since.

A better way to say "own" in adoption lingo is to say "biological."  I have two biological children and two who were born through adoption.

And, yes, I am grateful to have two biological children and two adopted children.  And I feel more than blessed to say they are all mine, all my own.


No comments: