Thursday, March 8, 2012

Embracing Maddox

Embracing Maddox


by Pryce

March 8, 2012


My favorite day was March 13, 2011, the day we adopted my sister, Maddox Ren. We traveled to the Civil Affairs Office of Guiyang, China, in a spacious van with our guide and a friend named Mrs. Laura. When we arrived, we advanced up the elevator and soon we were in the tiny office. Our friend’s baby, whose name is Allison, was ready to greet her mother. Our baby, who had not yet arrived, was soon carried in by her foster brother. We happily introduced ourselves to the foster family, which included a father, mother, sister and a brother. I offered some Gerber Puffs to Maddox. Shyly, she ate them as slow as a slug. In the meantime, my mom and dad were doing paperwork. The foster family departed quickly. Maddox, screaming ferociously, kicked and threw her head back. We were all sad. Her world had changed. She was scared. Finally, we left the cold, dark building. Driving back to the hotel, Maddox fell asleep because she was exhausted. When she woke up, we all had Papa Johns pizza for dinner and then gave Maddox a much needed bath. We had a perfectly peaceful night. March 13, 2011, the day we embraced Maddox Ren, will always be one of my favorite days!

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Do I sense this is an IEW writing????? Great job Pryce!

Gift of Grace said...

I LOVE this! And, I recognize IEW too!

The Bullingtons said...

Thanks for posting this! I enjoyed it so much. Pryce is quite the writer!