Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ruby Falls

It is road trip time for our family! First stop, Ruby Falls.
The falls were beautiful - we loved taking the walk in front of and behind the water.
The natural formations were quite impressive.
Watch your head! The tour guide warned us going in to watch our head. He stated that there was a rock in the cave for all ages to hit their head on and he was right!

I must say that the older I get, the more questionable things become when it comes to an adventure of sorts. Meaning, this year our family has done two sightseeing tours that I was relieved when they were over. One was in China - the cable car we took over the South China Sea. My children kept saying, "Wow, what happens if this thing falls?!" Ugh, not the thing to ask me when I am wondering the same thing yet I know the answer :) Two was Ruby Falls. There is one way into the cave and one way out - an elevator. It was just creepy and I couldn't help thinking about miners and how they do this everyday for a living! It was dark and the room to walk was narrow - so glad to have the experience and so glad it is behind us :)

No comments: