Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nashville - Day One

The children and I are studying American History. We were so excited to visit the Hermitage, home of Andrew Jackson.
Though it is hard to tell from the pic, MK was all dazzled up with her headset for the tour. She impressed me by walking up to each station and typing in her number to hear the next bit of info.
We took a little wagon ride which shared a good bit of info in reference to life on the plantation.
And have I mentioned here how beautiful Nashville is???? The colors are breathtaking and I have done more than my share of photographing :)
The children were allowed to pick cotton to take home as a keepsake. Maddox was taken with the softness.
She picked enough for all of us to take home!
And then I tried my best to get a GREAT photo of the kiddos.....
and this is how it turned out! Maybe next time.

As we were meandering our way through the trails preparing to leave, I suddenly caught a glimpse of this guy in front of us! YIKES! We were literally two steps away from stepping on him! Needless to say, we took the scenic route and detoured around so as to avoid any conflict with this creature!

No comments: