Friday, October 14, 2011

This week I have missed this - our silly, happy, talkative MK! Tuesday we discovered that she had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. I now have two viruses that I will avoid as if they were the Plague - HFM and the stomach virus. What began as one seemless little blister on her gums, transformed into a raging bunch of ulcers covering every.last.bit of her mouth, throat, tongue, cheeks and everything in between. She has not eaten in days. Yes, DAYS. She will only drink Publix very sweet tea - never has she been given tea before! She is quiet and the only sounds she makes in when the pain gets so unbearable she begins to cry, big, wet crocodile tears. Last night, when I reached the brink of my sanity, I dug deep into our medicine supply and found some pain relief meds that were offered to us post-op....that, along with a concoction the pharmacist suggested, gave a bit of relief. The only good that has come of this is some good cuddling time for mommy :) Please say a prayer for our girl!

1 comment:

Mary Monroe said...

Beth, I hope your little one gets relief soon. A sore mouth is never-ending pain. So sorry.