Friday, July 29, 2011

I read the other day that 37% of all Christian families consider adoption. Only 1% adopt. If all Christian families adopted, there would be no orphans. Something to think about for sure.

Pryce recently asked if we were going to adopt again. Our answer to this question right now is, "No." To say that we will never adopt again is a bit much for us both to swallow, but right now we want to dig deeper into local and international missions. After talking with Pryce about this, he sighed and said, "Well, when I grow up, I am going to adopt." Adoption is life changing, for everyone involved.

An observation I have made since bringing home Maddox is this: Colin is taken with this little girl. We all are, but Colin goes out of his way to help her, play with her, laugh with her....he is just smitten. I said to him one day, "You are so proud of her and that makes me happy." And he looked at me and said, "Well, I am actually proud of her (pointing to MK) too!"

I asked the talkative MK if she just liked to hear her voice - she talks non-stop, no kidding. She smiled and very seriously said, as if she was doing me a favor, "Oh no, mommy. I talk so much so you can hear my voice."

Maddox is now saying, "Mo!" for "NO!" and "Moe" for "More" and "bye, bye" and "hi" and her own version of "I love you."

No comments: