Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yesterday we visited the zoo with some other homeschooling families. Alas, I have no pictures! I didn't even take the camera - sigh. What I do have to share was my conversation with MK. One of the families that joined us for the day has a 5 month old baby. MK looked at him and said, "Aww, isn't she (he) cute, mama? Where did they get her from?" I simply answered, "Well, he grew inside Mrs. Wells's tummy and when he was all done growing he came to see them." MK's mind was spinning, I could tell, and I just kept thinking, "Wait for it, don't assume what she is going to ask, wait for it...." After a moment's thought, MK said, "Oh, just like the boys grew in your tummy (note, this was a statement, not a question). Well, I got my baby from Guangzhou. We just got home today and I am so tired!" Our process to adopt Maddox has left MK with a spinning mind. She often states that she is traveling to get her baby, or she has paperwork to do, or her baby has a cleft palate....whatever she has overheard from us, she has used it in her daily pretending and it is cute to see her thoughts come to life.
On another note, while visiting the zoo, I saw a baby girl who reminded me of Maddox. Being the shy person that I am, I quickly stepped up and asked the mother where her daughter was born. She said Guizhou Province. WOW. Maddox is in Guizhou! Small world. We exchanged contact info and I look forward to meeting up with them again in the future!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I told my husband about "running" into you at the zoo. I can't believe you will be bringing your sweet daughter home in just a couple of weeks. Have fun on your journey, and we look forward to reading about your trip. Your daughters are beautiful!

Brandi

Kim B. said...

I love the MK story & her spinning mind. I also love how God orchestrated you meeting the other mom with a little girl from Guizhou; don't you just love how He works. Counting down the days with you, friend!!!