Friday, September 10, 2010

"My Heart Hurts"

This morning we all arose, did a bit of reading and off we went to a local art museum to learn about Georgia artists. At the end of the tour, each child was given a canvas to create their own piece of artwork to take home. The children really enjoyed this and especially enjoyed spending the better part of their day with fellow homeschooling buddies! One of my favorite parts about homeschooling the past year has been developing new friendships. We have gotten to know some amazing families whom we will all hold dear in our hearts for a long time. This time in our life would not be the same without them!
During our drive home, out of the clear blue, MK said, "Hey mom, something bout my heart hurts!" I said, "What hurts Mei?" to which she responded, "My heart hurts about Baby M." I said, "Your heart hurts about Baby M?" and she said, "Yes, my heart feels better when we get her but now it really hurts cause she is not with us." MK really is processing our adoption in her own little mind. We had been busy all morning, no one spoke of our adoption or even spoke of China yet she clearly let us know that Baby M was not far from her mind.

No comments: