Friday, July 16, 2010

A Talk With Jesus?

Mason-Kate was told that she needed to clean up her room. She has this big canvas bag that most of her toys are held in.....every.single.item. that was supposed to be IN the bag was on the FLOOR. Imagine. She declared that she could not clean up the mess. I agreed to help her get started and then I proceeded to pull down her bed and prepare it for her nap. As soon as I began to get the bed ready, she declared once again that she could not possibly clean up the toys all by herself. I asked her, "Mason-Kate, why in the world did you take all of those toys out of the bag?" She said, "Jesus told me to do it." I thought for sure I heard her wrong. We (the boys) have had a friend over for a few days, his name is Joseph so I figured she was referring to him, surely, so I said, "Joseph told you to do this?" to which she responded, "No, Jesus told me to do it. He say my camera was at the bottom of the bag and I needed to get it out." My mouth was wide open not knowing quite how to respond and then she added, with her hand on her hip, "Ugh, I think I should not listen to him!" What makes this even more funny, is that she had been walking around all morning with a little bag of her "loot." I looked into the bag a little later to see what was inside. Sure enough, her Bible and her camera were in the bag.

No comments: