Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mason-Kate was helping Ryan with laundry - you know that is what most dads do with their daughters, right?!!! In fairness, I was doing lesson plans and the boys were being boys and playing Rockband during this time. Anyway, MK broke out saying the pledge. Ryan realized what she was saying and he recorded it for us. Now, being that we are not so educated on how to do videos on the blog yet, I will write what happened.....so, it is MK standing all alone with Ryan video taping. MK has her right hand over her chest, she goes through the entire pledge, be it she was pledging to "the little flag" of America. Ryan asked her where she learned this and she said, "I don't know!" She then went on to say that she learned it in the "biiiggg gym" at her school down the "hallway." Ryan asked her if they had a flag in her room and her response, the ever so classic MK response, "Not so much!" The girl is funny. Pretty impressive though. Two years post Gotcha and she is reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.

Tonight we were in the car with MK. She loves to tell me that she loves me to the moon and back or to the store and back, etc. And she likes for me to reciprocate. I said, "Mason-Kate, I love you all the way to ballet and back." She laughed and said, "Oh, ok. You member I saw the peacock and Lucy and Tummus and Bambi? I saw them in the bigggg room with all those kids, member?" Last weekend Ryan took her to studio run through of her upcoming ballet production. The production is called the Roar of Love and is based on the Chronicles of Narnia hence the characters she was recalling. Anyway, she went on to say that she was sucking her thumb in the big room with the big kids. I asked her why she sucked her thumb and she responded, "Well, I was a wittle bit shy." I asked her if sucking her thumb helped and she said, "Well, no, not so much." That phrase seems to be key in her present life.

No comments: