Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 4 - Animal Kingdom

Our final day at Disney. Wow, how time flies when you are having fun. Such a blanket statement, yet so, so true. Our original plan was to only do two of the parks, Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Then, as youth would have it, we heard through the grapevine about all of the delightful and exciting Star Wars offerings they had at Hollywood Studios. Upon hearing of this, we made the decision to go forward with yet another day of Disney. And then as Disney would have it, why not do the fourth park for a steal.....$20 or $5 per ticket. Why not, right? Right. So off we went to Animal Kingdom and we all agree it was more than worth the $20. I would have to say that MK probably enjoyed it the most. She was in total awe of the animals and pointing out to us which ones had a mommy with them and asking us where their daddies were and looking for the baby animals, total and complete awe. She loved it. To flip over into the boys world, they, too enjoyed this park. First on their personal agenda was Mt. Everest. Being that we had watched the "must do" Disney channel every morning for 3 mornings straight, we knew the ad by heart for Mt. Everest, including the part where there is no track. Yep, that is right, no track....at that point the coaster makes a new spin and its passengers are traveling backwards through twists and turns at an extremely high rate of speed. Crazy. Mommy rode first with the boys. One must laugh as I board these rides with my children. I sit having Pryce lock arms with me as if that is going to keep him in his seat as we spin around. Then, with the coaster in motion, I strain every possible muscle in my neck as I try desperately to look behind me to make sure Colin is still on board. Going back to our day at Magic Kingdom. A vivid memory that I will forever have in my mind is a snapshot that the Disney photographers captured of me, Colin and Pryce riding Space Mountain. To my regret, we did not purchase it. It was the perfect shot, describing our personalities without words to a tee.....me, my mouth with a huge smile, laughing as we are plummeting through space on this coaster; Colin with this total look of fear smeared across every bit of his face; and Pryce with the most relaxed expression on his face, arms gently crossed as well as his feet, simply taking it all in.....so perfect. Ryan rode Everest next with the boys while the girls waited and tried to get a good snapshot of the mountain plunge. See if you can find the three of them....hint, they are towards the back.
A fantastic day. Following our time at Animal Kingdom, we loaded into the van and took a quick tour of our old neighborhood, drove by our old house and had dinner with some friends who still live in Florida. It was a whirlwind of a trip, we all had a blast and we can't wait to go back.

No comments: