Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom


Thursday morning we were off to Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is my personal favorite and I believe the children would say the same. There is something for everyone. First stop, Space Mountain! Oh my word that coaster gets me every time. Two spins later and we were off to the races. We honestly did it all and we were all exhausted come bedtime. It was on this day that I looked at Ryan and said, "We have become one of THOSE families." Meaning, when we lived in Florida, we would visit Disney for a few hours here and a few hours there, no stress, no worries, we could always come back next weekend. Now that we live 6 + hours away, we MUST see it all in a day which leads to some sketchy planning on our parts, little naps, falling asleep on a bus and screams of fear due to a precious little bunny rabbit. Let me share....we left our hotel at 8:45 am and we returned at 9:15 pm. That is a long day for anyone. We were all weary. We were walking in the hotel complex back to our room. MK openly said she wanted to walk so Pryce asked if he could ride in the stroller. Sure, fine. He gets in and MK gets furious, that is a girl thing I suppose - she didn't want the stroller yet she didn't want anyone else to have it either. So she began to cry or whine really. We notice a crowd standing along the sidewalk peering over into the grass taking pictures. Out of curiosity, we stepped over to take a look ourselves. There, in the middle of the plush green grass sat a tiny little bunny rabbit. With MK still softly crying, the rest of us ooooh and ahhhhed and then continued to walk. All of a sudden, MK's soft cries turned to high pitched wails with her eyes wide as saucers, no blinking. I could tell she was no longer just mad about the stroller, she was spooked. Problem was she couldn't calm down long enough to tell us what her fear was. She just screamed. Poor thing. When we finally got into our room, I held MK tightly and rocked her for a moment. She settled down and we asked her what she was so upset over. Her sweet little voice responded, "It's not my fault, I scared of dat bunny rabbit." So, though I worried how MK would do with all of the wonders of Disney, I never once thought a tiny little innocent bunny rabbit would be the culprit of MK's fears.

No comments: