Saturday, January 16, 2010

This morning, the day after MK's birthday, Pryce asked, "So, can we celebrate Mason-Kate's Chinese birthday today?" Translation, "Can we please have cake for breakfast today and use Mason-Kate's Chinese birthday as an excuse?" We explained to him that even though she does have a Chinese name as well as her American name, she only has ONE birthday and it was more than perfectly celebrated yesterday!

Once Pryce realized there would be no cake for breakfast, he quickly began lobbying for a morning out. We used to go out to breakfast every Saturday morning but we have curved that habit quite a bit lately. However, today Ryan and I looked at each other upon hearing Pryce's request and thought, "Why not?" So off to our favorite local breakfast joint, Sunrise Grill. We were seated, the children were looking over their children's menus. Colin, not meaning to of course, stabbed me in the heart. He stated, "Hey mom, when I turn ten in two months, I will no longer have to order from the kids menu. I will have to order as an adult!" Hmmm....not exactly the thing that this mother needed to hear. Though I am so happy to watch them grow and experience new opportunities, etc., I do love their innocence of being young. Little things like the age limit on a child's menu can quickly remind me of the reality that we are living....they are all 3 growing up too fast!

No comments: