Monday, January 11, 2010

Colin. He is very literal. I went into his room to tuck him in for bed and I found him on the floor looking at a Boys Life Magazine. I looked down and he was staring at a one page advertisement for an organization called Smile Train. There were six children, all from different countries. We talked about Mason-Kate and how she had surgery to repair her cleft lip and palate. Concerned, he said, "You know this organization is great. Look, they do free repairs for children." I agreed and went onto explain to him that people just like us donate money for these surgeries. He said, "Well, I think we need to come up with a plan. It only takes $250 for a surgery. That isn't a lot!" The boys are at such great ages to understand giving and I truly love that Colin spent time pondering the children pictured and decided that he would like to help that organization. Most children would have just skimmed over that page with little interest. I love that it hit home for him. Time to start our plan to help out....school project maybe????

No comments: