Sunday, October 25, 2009

This is something I just remembered happened this past week and I want to remember it one day....one will ask at some point at what age did MK know she was adopted. I do not believe that she knows even what adoption means but I do know she is familiar with the words and uses them appropriately even at the age of 2. She loves the book "I Love You Like Crazy Cakes." We read it at least two or three times a week. It is a story for children about Chinese adoption. The story talks of the babies in the orphanage, their nannies, a mother's desire to adopt, the trip to China and back. When we read it together, MK's favorite pages are the ones with pictures of the airplanes....there is one page with a plane going to China - Mason-Kate will always say, "On that plane, my mommy, my daddy, my Pryce, my Col-Col - no Finwey, he at my house." Then there is the page that talks of being on the plane coming home from China and MK will say, "Me, me on that plane with my mommy, my daddy, and my boys." When asked, Mason-Kate will say that she was born in China. This has really been the extent of our talking to her about adoption. Imagine the surprise I had when she announced last week to her speech therapist, "I adopt China!"

No comments: