Friday, April 3, 2009

Jesus


Easter is upon us. The dying of the eggs has begun, and the hunting is taking place. Mason-Kate participated in her very first Easter egg hunt yesterday at her school. Because of the rain we have been experiencing, the hunt took place in their school gym. Of course, she quickly figured out that candy was involved and her motivation was intense from that point on. Afterwards, MK and I were walking back to her classroom. She stopped and said, "Mommy, wook, Jesus".....sure enough, there on the wall was a painting of Jesus with children gathered around. We talk about Jesus, we pray to Jesus, we read about Jesus but I was so amazed that she recognized Him on the wall....shocked, I was. Of course I was the proud parent walking down the hall with her genius daughter who knows Jesus by name AND face....so I told the director all about MK and how she knows Jesus. Her response, though not intended to burst my bubble, did. She said, "Oh, yeah, all of the children love to stop and look at that painting of Jesus....it gets them so excited!".....hmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of oourse, she has a smocked outfit for egg-hunting! I cannot wait to see what she wears on Easter!! :)
Congratulations on MK's one year anniversary. I am so happy for you and enjoy seeing you all via blog!
hope to see you soon,
The Gruskins

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

It amazes me everytime I think about all these little girls (and boys) that would have likely never learned about Jesus, had they not been adopted!!!