Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11

On this morning last year, Ryan and I awoke very early, threw our carefully packed, lightweight suitcases in our car, strapped the boys in and off we went. It was a peaceful morning. We ate our chocolate donuts, listened to music, watched the sunrise and talked about what to expect at the airport. My aunt and uncle met us in Atlanta to bid us farewell and took our car to their house so we could avoid parking fees - very sweet and it was good to see family before our trip! Once there, I can remember sitting in the airport calling our parents. We knew we wouldn't likely talk to them for almost three weeks. That is a long, long time for people who normally talk to their family on the phone at least every other day. I also remember thinking that we needed to eat. We were set to be on our next flight for 12 hours and who knew what the food would be like.....plus, after the 12 hour flight, we would be in China where the food we were used to would be hard to find. Fast forward to now....Ryan is at work, the boys and MK are sleeping soundly in their beds and I am reminiscing. To think that it has already been one year.....wow!


This was our security check. Notice I am not in the picture. I was over the side being searched....out of all the suspicious people with big carry-ons, they chose ME to search.

No comments: