Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update

  • Pryce spent Friday evening with his friend Molly and her family. They had a basketball game and with Molly's help, he scored 10 points....go Pryce! Afterwards they dined at McDonalds and then made their way to our house. During the car ride home, Sarah (Molly's sister) said to Pryce that Molly had 10 boyfriends! Pryce shrugged that off and responded, "she had 9 until she met me!"....and that was the end of that conversation.
  • During our morning prayer, Pryce thanked God for "making Mason-Kate beautiful"....so sweet.
  • At dinner, Pryce said, "Mom, I think there are two Chinese people at our school." I said, "Great"....he said, "yeah, they look kinda China-ish so I think they are from China"....turns out, they are from Japan!
  • Our daily routine for MK's nap has turned into reading two books and then she gets her bunny blanket and I rock her. I used to put her in her bed awake. For several weeks now, she has been wanting me to sing songs from school, Wheels on the Bus or Itsy Bitsy Spider or whatever. So, I have been singing her to sleep. We start with the usual and it has turned into ending with a made-up lullaby by me. Today she fell asleep in my arms, I knew she was asleep as she was twitching about like you do when you are asleep. As I was standing up to put her down in her crib, she opened her eyes, big and round, smiled and said "YAY"....not sure if she was happy I was finally going to stop singing my made-up song or if she was dreaming!
  • In other news, we are trying to obtain a social security number for Mason-Kate. Frustrating. It looks easy to do on paper but apparently looks are not always what they seem. We are finding that to be the case. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

M said...

I'm surprised you're having so much trouble. David and I went down to our local office with my passport and his adoption decree, passport, birth certificate, and that citizenship paper we got in the mail a month after coming home. I filled out the application form on the ssa.gov website and took that with. I don't even think they needed all the papers I brought. We got there as soon as the office opened, and the whole thing took about 15 minutes. We got a card in the mail 2 weeks later. Good luck!

Marni Sigmon said...

It was frustrating for me too, but I did finally obtain it last month. My trouble was figuring out which was the final adoption decree, it is one of the documents in the blue folder and has both Chinese writing and an English translation! Good luck!!!