Monday, October 27, 2008

Breaking News



We are jumping for joy! Our pediatrician just called to say that MK is one healthy little girl. The nurses were able to get enough blood to work with and all the labwork that we had done last week came back normal. Yippee for MK (and mommy) (and daddy)! I personally told our ped that I would need medication myself should we need to go through that again anytime soon. Here is the bad news (and news that waiting adoptive parents should take note of)....apparently the vaccines that were supposedly given to her in China were not actually given. Honestly, this does not surprise me as we have been told more than once that this has been the case in other international adoptions. So, this just means a few extra shots for her in the upcoming months :( It is all good though! Lastly, I will end with a prayer funny made by Colin. Colin was saying his bedtime prayers. During this, our dog, Finley, was jumping back and forth from bed to bed in the boys' room. Colin opened one eye as he said "and thank you Lord for the poopy puppy who sometimes bothers us while we are trying to do important stuff and for Mason-Kate who pretty much does the same thing!" AMEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news about her bloodwork!! Praise! Sorry about the vaccs - Chloe had to have some redone as well. Have a great Tuesday!

Kirstin

Tammy said...

Yeah for Mason-Kate! I am so excited for you. I know that is a huge relief. I still love to check in on you and hear all the funny things your kids say. Hope you are doing well.