Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Sign Reading

Lately Mason-Kate has started to point to more and more objects and say the word to identify it. She does this with books in the house or with pictures of our family or at the store.....so, yesterday Ryan and I were driving in separate cars, he had MK. We drove by the local Republican campaign headquarters that is decorated with their symbol, the elephant. Mason-Kate started her normal "Daddy, daddy...." to get Ryan's attention. Ryan looked at her and she put her hand up to her nose (to make a trunk) and began making the elephant sound. She had her head going up and down the whole time. On a different note, the boys each had their first tennis match of the season yesterday. A good mother (and blogger) would have taken and posted pictures of this but that did not occur. I did take the camera but it never left Ryan's pocket. They both won a match and lost a match so that made for a decent day on the courts. Colin had his first doubles match. He doesn't totally get the whole "doubles" concept yet so at one point he got a little frustrated, came over to me and asked who his captain was. I told him it was me and he said, "good, I am done!" We talked, he reluctantly joined the game again, made a good volley and it all fell into place. I was proud of him for not giving up even when he really wanted to. That is all for now.

No comments: