Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Week At A Glance

This week we have had the luxury of spending time with our family. We began the week on Monday by visiting grandparents and we ended the week on Friday with grandparents visiting us! In between our visits, we have spent time at school, played tennis, attended Boy Scouts, practiced piano, attended a football game and we have relaxed. On Tuesday I was approached by a grandmother at MK's school who wanted to say hello to Mason-Kate. She did and then went on to ask me her name. I told her it was Mason-Kate and the lady smiled and said that her granddaughter was named Katherine Mason....so, to date, we have heard of two Katherine Masons but we have the only Mason-Kate. Speaking of MK, she is going to be one confused little girl when it comes to college football. For those of you who know us well, you know the story of how Ryan was raised all orange cheering for Clemson(not to mention he is a Clemson grad-sigh) and how I was raised all garnet/black while cheering on South Carolina. So, without all of the in between details, we now have our children in the middle of our football controversy. Colin, who is always quick to please both of us, refuses to pull for SC thus leaving him a Clemson Tiger fan - sigh. Pryce, who was my diehard SC fan from birth until last year, has gone south in his support for any team. You see, he will tell anyone what they want to hear....if you are a Clemson fan, he pulls for Clemson, if you are a SC fan, he pulls for SC and now (this part makes me cringe although it is expected seeing as we do live in GA) he has decided that if you are a Bulldog fan, he is a Bulldog fan too - sigh, once again. That leaves our poor little MK. I have personally taught her to say "Go Cocks" (as that is what the SC Gamecock fans say) yet she is surrounded by the GA red/black fanfair daily and then as if it weren't bad enough, the only team labeled outfit we have is CLEMSON - sigh. So, she wore it this weekend and made a very cute Clemson girl all the while walking around with her hands up saying "Go Cocks!" In other news, we celebrated Colin's half-birthday on Thursday AND Friday. I momentarily lost my mind on Thursday and declared that it was Sept. 5. Colin looked at me when I said the date and said, "hey, mom, today is my half-birthday"....after bringing out the cake for breakfast, lighting a candle, and singing happy half birthday, I realized that it was in fact Sept. 4. So, we had cake for two breakfasts this week, but who is counting, right?! Have a good week!






Lately when things get quiet we know that MK has found her way into the bathroom....



This is Pryce pondering homework.....

1 comment:

M said...

Happy half birthday to Colin! Happy birthday to Lizzy the fish! And Go Cocks! (Or as my little sister used to say...and my parents still say... "Doe Doe Dame Tots!") Maybe David will have to find MK some Gamecock duds next time he's visiting Columbia.