Friday, September 12, 2008

MK


Mason-Kate is getting a molar! Yay! This is very exciting as her teeth have been so slow to come in. In other MK news, she is talking so much more daily. Yesterday she kept saying "hi doggie" over and over to Finley. Of course, when I told her to say it for the rest of the family later in the day, she wouldn't....go figure. And I think she is understanding everything now....everything. Lisa, our speech therapist, came over for our weekly visit on Wednesday. We were talking about MK and I was telling Lisa how cute MK is at dinnertime. She gets in her seat, squeals and immediately puts her hands together for the blessing. We always sing "God Our Father" and MK has started singing her own babble version of the prayer right along with the rest of the family. While I was telling Lisa this, MK put her hands together and started singing the prayer....of course, she then looked at us and started laughing because she is intelligent enough to realize that we think she is being cute. One night Ryan and I decided to play cards with the boys. I asked MK if she would like to watch Barney....she said "NO"....what???? No, to Barney?! Then I watched her as she walked over and laid down right between the boys....she wanted to play cards too! And I must say that her phone calls are becoming more and more of an issue. She LOVES our phone. The other day I was on the phone with Ryan. I always say "love you, bye" before I hang up with him....well, I said "love you" to him and MK yells "BYE!" She has also started to use her pointer finger to tell me to come on.....she says "MA" and then pulls out that finger to tell me to come to her. And above all words, her favorite is "ow" and she says it all the time....putting clothes over her head, "ow", putting shoes on her chubby little feet, "ow", putting the bow (a southern necessity) in her head, "ow", getting in the carseat, "ow"....she can be so dramatic. And on the drama note, I will close with this....we have noticed that when we pick MK up from the nursery at church or her little preschool, she always looks at us, puts her hands over her mouth in disbelief, bends over just enough to accent the drama and begins to cry the cutest little fake cry that one has ever heard-no tears!








No comments: